SPEECH LANGUAGE THERAPY
NTMC specializes in speech therapy from infants to geriatrics. Speech therapy targets language development in children, articulation, social skills, cognitive training, memory therapy, aphasia treatment, voice disorders and swallowing difficulties.
Speech therapy is suggested for the following:
- Children’s developmental delay
- Difficulty with sound production and intelligibility
- Social skills
- Augmentative communication devices
- Traumatic brain injury or neurological impairments
- Strokes and transient ischemic attack
- Voice impairments such as aphonia, nodules and other laryngeal disorders
- Parkinson’s, essential tremors, ataxia and Huntington’s disease.
- Aphasia – Difficulty expressing thoughts and understanding language.
- Dysphagia- Difficulty swallowing
- Early stages of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
Evaluation and treatment appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
1900 Hospital Blvd
Gainesville, TX 76240
Hours of operation:
Monday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.