Therapy Center & Services
Get back to living
No other place can get you back on track like therapy services at NTMC. This group of award-winning therapists will help you regain your strength and mobility while taking an individualized approach to your care. NTMC therapy services treat a wide range of conditions in order to get you back to life as you once knew it.
New patient forms
Prior to your first appointment, please complete the general forms and the diagnosis-related form that best relates to you. If you have any questions about the forms, please skip that section and ask the receptionist about it when you arrive for your first appointment. For those patients that are younger than 13, please fill out the Pediatric Intake Form in place of the Therapy Services Intake Form.
- Outpatient authorization to treat form
- Patient responsibility form
- Pediatric intake form
- Privacy practice form
- Therapy services home health form
- Therapy services intake form
- Therapy services registration form
Questions? Contact us today for more information.
REGISTER FOR JOINT CAMP
Visite nuestra página en español
Improve your quality of life
Physical therapy focuses on maintaining, restoring, and improving movement, activity, and health, enabling individuals of all ages to have optimal functioning and quality of life. Physical therapy has been associated with decreasing a patient’s risk for injury and potentially eliminating the need for surgery.
NTMC physical therapists specialize in:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation including: sports related injuries, musculoskeletal injuries, orthopedic surgeries, neck and back conditions, walking abnormalities, tendonitis, muscle weakness, joint stiffness, joint replacements, joint instabilities, postural imbalances/dysfunctions, nerve impingements, muscle spasms, joint pain, muscle pain, rotator cuff repairs and tears, acute and chronic pain, brachial plexus injuries and surgeries, nerve and muscle transfers, and corrective musculoskeletal surgeries;
- Neurological rehabilitation including: stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injury, balance disorders, and head injury.
- Vestibular therapy
- Sports medicine
- Pain management
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Orthotics and prosthetics training
Increase life skills
Occupational therapy helps people get back to participating in the things they want and need to do through the use of everyday therapeutic activities, exercises, and/or modalities.
Common occupational therapy interventions include:
- Helping children with disabilities to participate more fully in school and social situations
- Helping people recovering from injury to regain skills for work or daily activities
- Providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes
- Upper extremity and hand therapy: Hand therapy is a specialized branch where therapists perform detailed evaluations and develop custom treatment plans for conditions involving upper extremity fractures, crush injuries, tendon and nerve repair, repetitive strain, lateral and medial epicondilitis, nerve compressions, post surgical care for UE amputations, UE prosthetic training, re-attachment of fingers and limbs, nerve repairs, tendon and muscle transfers, and brachial plexus injuries and repairs. Hand therapy also provides custom orthotics/splint fabrication to provide stability or to increase movement.
CERTIFIED LYMPHEDEMA THERAPY
Reduce pain and swelling
Lymphedema is the buildup of a particular kind of fluid in different parts of your body. This fluid buildup leads to swelling, pain and difficulty with normal daily activities. It can also lead to other, more serious complications, such as infections. It is caused by any condition or procedure that damages the lymph nodes or lymph vessels, such as: surgery, cancer, radiation treatment for cancer and/or infections.
Treatment for lymphedema includes:
- Wrapping the arm/leg
- Manual lymph drainage
- Pneumatic compression
- Fitting for compression garments
NTMC specializes in speech therapy from infants to geriatrics. Speech therapy targets language development in children, articulation, social skills, cognitive training, memory therapy, aphasia treatment, voice disorders and swallowing difficulties.
Speech therapy is suggested for the following:
- Children’s developmental delay
- Difficulty with sound production and intelligibility
- Social skills
- Augmentative communication devices
- Traumatic brain injury or neurological impairments
- Strokes and transient ischemic attack
- Voice impairments such as aphonia, nodules and other laryngeal disorders
- Parkinson’s, essential tremors, ataxia and Huntington’s disease.
- Aphasia – Difficulty expressing thoughts and understanding language.
- Dysphagia- Difficulty swallowing
- Early stages of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
Evaluation and treatment appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
1900 Hospital Blvd
Gainesville, TX 76240
Hours of operation:
Monday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.