Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab Program
Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
North Texas Medical Center provides a broad range of cardiac diagnostic testing.
- Ambulatory blood pressure testing
- Cardiac scans
- CT angiography
- Stress tests
- Traditional treadmill (exercise based)
- Nuclear stress (medically induced stress)
The William F. Powell, MD, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center has established itself as one of the premier cardiac rehabilitation programs in North Texas. By combining a strictly monitored exercise program in conjunction with patient education on nutrition, medication and other lifestyle modifications, the program strives to return cardiac patients to active, independent living.
Prescription for recovery
The North Texas Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation Team is here to assist in your recovery from a life changing cardiac event and decrease your risk for future events. Following graduation from the telemetry monitored cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation program, individuals are eligible to continue using the wellness center in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Identify your health risks
- Understand the signs and symptoms of angina
- Cope with the anxiety and depression that are normal for heart attack survivors
- Plan realistic exercise and activities that will become an important part of your lifestyle
- Learn about stress, smoking and other cardiac disease factors
- Participate in educational classes on nutrition and medications
- Incorporate behavior modification as a tool to make your new lifestyle choices permanent
- Gain confidence in your ability to resume your favorite activities at a safe rate
- Discover your own physical capabilities
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program offers comprehensive treatment and education for patients with lung conditions, such as:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a guided exercise program that encourages patients to be actively involved in their own healthcare and maintenance.
The center utilizes ergonomic stationary bicycles, treadmills, recumbent bicycles and an indoor walking track.
The staff creates a program specifically designed to meet each individual’s needs. Our objective is to help our patients improve their quality of life by returning them to a more productive lifestyle. The sessions are designed to be enjoyable as well as beneficial. Contact us for more information.
NEW PATIENT FORMS
Visite nuestra página en español
1900 Hospital Blvd
Gainesville, TX 76240
Hours of operation:
Monday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are reserved for new patients.
Inpatient pulmonary rehabilitation is 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.