Gainesville, Texas – As COVID-19 continues to make news around the world, our leadership remains focused on preparation efforts related to the potential impact of the virus. Our preparedness includes ongoing emergency planning, ensuring we have the necessary supplies and equipment to care for our patients, and reinforcing appropriate infection prevention protocols, including:
- Screening for potential coronavirus patients and visitors before entering the building
- Visitor limitation
- Hand hygiene and proper use of personal protective equipment
- Proper environmental cleaning
- Isolation procedure to prohibit people who may have a respiratory illness from visiting
- Ongoing communication and coordination with our Local and State Health Departments and the CDC
Our Emergency Department has implemented a screening process for all patients entering our emergency department. This is for the protection of our patients, physicians and staff.
Patients who screen positive and have severe respiratory illness symptoms will be placed in an isolation room.
We have initiated these processes to prevent potential spreading should Covid-19 be identified in our community. However at this point, no patient has tested positive for COVID-19.
If you are experiencing fever, cough or difficulty breathing and you have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or have traveled to and from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you should contact your healthcare provider. Be sure to call ahead before going to your doctor’s office or emergency department to prevent any potential spread.
Consistent with our mission, we are taking every proactive measure to do what is best for those we care for every day.
- CDC COVID-19 U.S. cases and deaths: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
- The Texas Department of State Health Services cases and updates: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/news/updates.shtm#coronavirus
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) I CDC
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities I CDC
- COVID-19 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidance for risk assessment and public health management of health care personnel with potential exposure to patients
- COVID-19 information for Travelers | CDC
- Alert – CDC Level 3 Travel Notice