PATIENTS & VISITORS
INFORMATION FOR YOUR HOSPITAL STAY
North Texas Medical Center’s (NTMC) visitation policies are based on consideration of our patients. We realize that the love and support of family and friends during a hospital stay is an important element in recovery and well-being, but rest is also essential.
- Please limit the length of visitation. Patients need their rest and privacy for treatment and exams.
- Do not visit patients if you have a contagious illness, i.e., cold or flu.
- NTMC’s posted visiting hours are 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- No children under 12 years of age should be left unattended anywhere in the hospital.
- NTMC reserves the right to ask any visitor whose conduct or presence is not in the patient’s best interest to leave.
Obstetrics policies allow the father unrestricted visitation, with special consideration of sibling visits.
Intensive care/coronary care patients may receive visitors (immediate family only) for 30 minutes on the even hours, beginning at 8 a.m. and concluding at 8 p.m. daily. The intensive care waiting area phone number is (940) 665-6712.
The hospital’s main entrances are locked from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Visitors leaving during those hours can exit through the front or through the Women’s Center lobby. Access during those hours is from the emergency department only.
Patient rights and responsibilities
- Download the NTMC patient rights and responsibilities document.
- Descargue el documento de derechos y responsabilidades del paciente de la NTMC.
NTMC is a smoke-free campus. Patients, visitors, volunteers, employees, vendors and physicians are prohibited from using tobacco products on hospital property.
File a Complaint
As a CIHQ accredited organization, patients, or their surrogate decision-maker, have the right to file complaints regarding quality of care concerns or safety issues to CIHQ. The patient / surrogate decision maker is not required to notify the organization prior to filing the complaint.
You can file a complaint by contacting CIHQ through the Website or by mail, phone or fax. The contact information follows.
Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality
P.O. Box 3620
McKinney, TX 75070
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
By phone: (512) 661-2813
By fax: (805) 934-8588