COVID-19 CRITICAL UPDATES and INFORMATION
North Texas Medical Center and our NTMC Health Clinics (NTMC) are proud to announce that we have aligned our COVID-19 vaccination efforts with Cooke County in order to streamline the process of distributing the vaccine to Cooke County residents. NTMC, along with several other local healthcare providers, will utilize the recently released online portal located at https://www.co.cooke.tx.us/ as the primary means to sign up for the vaccine.
Please note that signing up for the vaccine through the county website only guarantees you a spot on the wait list. We will utilize the wait list to schedule when we receive allocations of vaccine from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). DSHS announces vaccine distributions on a weekly basis and there is no guarantee how much we will receive, if any, for the week. We cannot schedule anyone to receive the vaccine until we know how much we are receiving for the week.
We will continue to follow the guidelines established by DSHS for distribution. Currently, that means only people in Phase 1A & 1B are eligible to receive the vaccine. Definitions for these categories can be found at:
Important notes to remember:
- Please do not call NTMC or NTMC Health Clinics to get on the list. Sign up is only available through the Cooke County website at this time
- Signing up does not automatically schedule you to receive the vaccine at a specific date and time
- You will be contacted to schedule a vaccination in the order that you are on the list when we receive distributions from DSHS.
- Please have patience. We are distributing all the vaccine we receive as quickly as we can
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine information for families
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine information for healthcare providers
Statistics & Background
- The Texas Department of State Health Services cases and updates
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) I CDC
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities I CDC
- COVID-19 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidance for risk assessment and public health management of health care personnel with potential exposure to patients
- COVID-19 information for Travelers | CDC